Monday, July 25, 2005

mangia: Classic Isabella's

Reservations at Isabella's... that was my surprise for an evening in the city. T invited me out, and we both haven't been back to Isabella's for some time. We were taken to the romantic and private second level. For wine, we ordered a Spanish Red Temperillo to share.

T started with their soup specials of the day, a champagne and melon cold soup, I had their beet macadamium & goat cheese salad. Both were nice starters.

For Entrees, T's crab cakes were PERFECT! My wild salmon on a bed of risotto and tomato broth was average. I think I enjoy a creamier risotto, to complement the salmon. I was glad to try T's crab cakes, because that was truly the superior dish that night.

We were too full for dessert, so we enjoyed our tea and cappucino and enjoyed a relaxing evening.

The service was impeccable. That made our experience so enjoyable.

359 Columbus Ave
New York, NY 10024-5103  
(212) 724-2100
Cross Street: 77th Street

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home